Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

April 30, 2014

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm [Review]

Not going to lie, I was kind of disappointed when I found out I was getting this lip balm instead of Benefit's Lolitint in my April 2014 Ipsy bag but, in the end, I'm pretty glad I received this item.

First of all, I wouldn't really call it a lip balm. I would definitely classify this as a lipstick in a pot instead of a tube. It goes on pretty opaque in one coat and is very matte. In my opinion, a balm is more of a chapstick, kind of lip Bert's Bees, that goes on sheer and is more for moisturizing than actual color. This lip balm is definitely more for color than moisture. 


I don't find it incredibly drying but it's not exactly a tube of chapstick either. It does end up drying out a bit on the lips so I'm not sitting around rubbing my lips together constantly, which is what I do when I've got a balm or gloss on that I can feel. 

The "Pink Apple" color that I received it beautiful. It's coral-y but not too orange, which makes it a great springtime color and it goes well (enough) with my skin tone. I usually can't pull off coral at all so this is a welcome addition to my collection. 


At $19 a pop, I'm not sure I'd buy it for myself, but I feel like it would be a good buy for someone who had a bit more income than I do. Overall, a pretty good product with decent lasting power and a not-too-drying formula. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...