Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

April 28, 2013

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus

During our journey to Target to buy new sheets (which are soft, wonderful, and organic), I discovered the clearance makeup section. Oh. My.

There wasn't much selection but I'd been wanting to try Burt's Bees for a while and I'd used up all of my other pink tinted lip balm from Bath and Body Works so I figured I'd give it a shot. 

I mean, I paid $3.48 for something that is normally $6.99 so I really can't argue with that. I'm satisfied with that price. 

The texture of it is a bit waxy and I wish there was some taste or scent to it. It's very plain, which I'm not really used to. Even some peppermint oil would have been nice. That's my biggest complaint. 

When I got home, I immediately opened it and started taking photos. Here we go!





I just love the packaging. I just think it's so cute! The cardboard case is so precious; I don't think I'll get rid of it. 


Unfortunately, once you open up the cute packing there's just a sad little tube of chapstick inside. I guess I was just expecting something a bit more exciting than just a plain tube of chapstick. 



Here's a shot of the color on my arm. It's a very sheer color which is a bit buildable but you won't get an overwhelming amount of color. I'm definitely going to wear this in the summer months. 


Here's a shot of the product on my lips. It nearly matches my lip color exactly, just enhances it a bit, I think. 

Overall, it's a nice product. I'm not sure I'd pay $7 for it; but it's a nice chapstick, none the less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...