Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

May 1, 2013

Covergirl's Clump Crusher vs. Maybelline Colossal XXL

All right. I bought into the /r/makeupaddiction hype about Covergirl's Clump Crusher mascara. I got a $3 off coupon a while back and headed to Ulta to pick some up. Not going to lie; it's good stuff and I've been using it religiously for about a month now.

Of course, when I bought the Clump Crusher it wasn't because I needed another mascara. I had picked up my old standby, Maybelline's Colossal XXL, about a month before purchasing the uber trendy Clump Crusher. So of course, Covergirl was just a splurge purchase.

This allowed me to have a little fun this morning.

Thinking we weren't headed anywhere today (which of course I was mistaken about), I decided to just do a no makeup look and use the two different mascaras, one on each eye. I was curious to see how each one worked and which one I really did like better.

Here's the results. SO MANY EYE SHOTS.

Full Look:













Covergirl is on the left. Maybelline is on the right. They are identical in color.


Here are a few close ups:


The picture above is with Clump Crusher. I might have applied too many coats but I thought my eyelashes looked long but very sparse after using this mascara. It most definitely lengthens but I'm not sure if this mascara gives me the volume I really like having. I don't notice it as much when I have my usual black cat eye eyeliner on but on "no makeup" makeup days, this is definitely noticeable.


Above is the Maybelline Colossal XXL mascara in action. I think it did a better job of giving the lashes volume. While they may not look as long, the eyelashes on this eye just seemed fuller to me. Also keep in mind that this mascara has been in my kit a bit longer than the Covergirl Mascara and therefore was a bit drier than the other. 

All in all, I think once I'm out of both of them, I'm going back to my old standby. I love the Maybelline a lot. A lot. I think it's the best mascara for your buck at a drugstore level and it provides a decent amount of volume. I'm not saying Clump Crusher totally blows; I'm just saying that it's not as good as my trusty yellow tube. 

I should throw it our there that the Colossal XXL Mascara does have a weird rose fragrance to it. I hated it at first but I've gotten used to it. The job the mascara does on my lashes definitely outweighs the scent. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...