Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

June 18, 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss [Swatches and Reviews]

Like I said in my previous post, I've spent my past year amassing a huge collection of cheap-o makeup since I came to the UK. While I've been on a very, very tight postgraduate school budget, I've managed to find makeup salvation in the slightly smelly, mildly depressing place that is the Pound World in Reading, UK. It has become my Mecca for cheap makeup and while at times it's a nightmare (and the lines can be longer than you can even imagine), leaving with a big full of lipstick for only £5 is always welcome in my book.

Anyway, over the past few months I've managed to get my hands on a pretty decent selection of Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipsticks. The holy grail of drugstore lippies. While I had bought #09 while I was living in RVA and had fallen in love with the formula, I found that the price was still a bit out of my budget (even with sales and coupons!) 

In comes Pound World. Life changing. 

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks 01, 02, 04, 05, 09, and 103

Oh yes. This happened. 

Here are some swatches.

From left to right: 01, 02, 04, 05, 09, and 103. The swatches above are without a flash and below are with a flash. There's not much difference because my camera is a potato.


I absolutely love 01. It is my go to red lipstick now (sorry Revlon Coverstay...) 

Here's a shot of me and the man-friend at the Publishing MA Christmas party (hence the sweater) rocking the 01 Red Lip. It managed to survive a very long and silly night of "cheeky libations" out in Oxford with minimal smudging. Hat's off to you, Rimmel Lipstick.


I also managed to grab 04, which is a totally amazing and vampy shade of dark purple. However, I cannot seem to make it "wearable." Maybe I'm becoming less daring in my old age. Here's a selfie of the color in action. Excuse my face. 


Seriously, this lipstick is baller but I don't know if I'll ever manage to wear it out of the house. 

I picked up 05 a few days ago and found the color was quite similar to 103 (my only Kate Moss in a red tube) but has a slightly pinkier tone while 103 is a bit "dustier" but in a good way. 

All in all, if you're looking for an amazing drugstore lipstick, this one holds up to its reputation. No questions asked. 

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...