Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

May 12, 2014

My First Indie Makeup Haul: Shiro Cosmetics

I was so excited to check the mail today because my Shiro order came in! I had placed this order during their fourth anniversary sale, which I just couldn't pass up. I cannot describe how excited I was to get these. I've had my eye on several indie makeup companies (I've got plans to order a few more before I leave the states and shipping becomes outrageous!) for a while but I'm glad I chose Shiro as my first.

I ordered mostly boring neutrals because since I became a grown-up, I've become obsessed with how many different types of taupe and brown actually exist and, therefore, must own all of them for my face. Sounds right about right to me.

Anyway... presenting... my haul.

I snapped this photo as soon as I ripped the package open. I decided to take a break from working and display all my pretties on my "desk" (aka the glider on my parent's back deck where I camp out and write/work all afternoon.)



I know, it's not the best photo but you get the idea... Lots of pretties. The jars were smaller than I had pictured them in my head but once I cracked them open, I realized just how much product is in them. Even the baggies have a lot of product! 1/8th of a teaspoon is a decent amount of eye shadow. Who knew?

Swatches!


From Left to Right: The Fourth Be With You, Attercop Attercop, Lingered in Twilight, Exhumation (Detrivore),Topiary (Detrivore), Kaepora Gaebora, No Men Like Me, Smashing Pots, Chimera, Skull Kid, Baker's Boy, Nick Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon (Aka the real reason this order was placed... ahem)

No Men Like Me and Exhumation were samples Caitlin graciously placed in my order. I'm loving No Men Like Me.


Close up. Baker's Boy was REALLY hard to photograph on my potato camera but it's a beautiful shadow. Definitely glad I bought a bigger size than just a sample. Smashing pots (further's left) was less red than I had hoped. I want to pick up a tube of ELF's new glitter glue primer and test Smashing Pots on that (and Attercop, Attercop as well.)


All right, I will HAVE to place another order because I NEED Kaepora Gaebora (third from the left) in a full size. I'm such a sucker for a glittery taupe. I should've just ordered the full-size or mini from the get go but second guessed myself. I regret everything!



The Fourth Be With You (Left) was a freebie too because it was the anniversary color and a full size was included with all orders over $15 when you used the (now expired-- sorry guys...) code. It's VERY bright but I'm sure I'll have some fun with it.

Attercop, Attercop (second from left) and Lingered in Twilight (third from left) were kind of disappointing. Again, going to have to try them over ELF's Glitter primer and make my judgement then but right now, I wished I'd gotten a bigger Kaepora Geabora instead of those two. Alas... Lingered in Twilight will look SUPER nice in my crease. I'm a sucker for using forest greens in my crease. I love green eye shadow. I just cannot help myself when I find a pretty one (L'Oreal HIP Eyeshadow Duo in Gunmetal is one of my favorites for a crease.)

Anyway, so far, I'm loving these shadows. I'm heading to Micheals tomorrow to pick up a little bead sorting kit to put my sample baggies into so it's easier to use them. I'm planning on buying a pretty big set so I can grab a set f samples from Scaredy Cat Cosmetics next; I've been dying to have Hivemind since I found them months ago but I always talk myself out of buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...