Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

April 19, 2014

The Blunder Years

This week's Saturday FOTD Challenge on /r/makeupaddicts is "The Blunder Years." Everyone has been asked to recreate their middle school/high school makeup looks. I had to participate.

I decided to go with my classic goth girl look, which is really nothing more than poorly blended concealer, black glitter eye shadow, and black eyeliner. No mascara. No blending. No eye brow filling in. Nothing.
 









 
So sexy. Got my MySpace Angles.
I did not have anyone to really teach me how to makeup. I just had to figure it out on my own and man did that end in some high quality disasters involving blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick circa 2002. But my real faux pas was in high school 9-10th grade. Ah yes. The punk phase. I got asked if I wanted to be like Avril Lavigne like... 8 billion times in those years.

To achieve this look, forget what a brush is. Sponge applicator that bitch. Do not worry if you get eye shadow everywhere. You are too punk to care. Do not care if you miss your eyelid a little-- you are still to punk to care. Good makeup is for the preps. Then use a GIGANTIC eyeliner pencil like the Maybelline Cool Effects pencils that are extra discontinued (thank god.) I used a Starlooks pencil in Obsidian for this look since my signature jumbo pencils are now discontinued. Don't wear mascara because it makes you look weird (?) and only use a little concealer to hide the bags under your eyes from getting up at 6am everyday. Don't blow dry or style your hair. Barely brush it. You look good, kid.



I should also note that I wore my face like this for a good 2-3 years. Years of my life!!! I also managed to get several boyfriends wearing makeup like this so, ladies, if you're desperate, put some black shit on your face and werk it.*

*Only works if you're fifteen and it's 2005. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...