Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

April 10, 2014

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick [Review]

Hello there! Been a while, right? I figured I'd come back with a product review so here we go.

I received my very first Rimmel lipstick from my Influenster VoxBox recently and I was STOKED to get it. I've been on such a lipstick kick lately (seriously, my lippy collection has pretty much doubled in three months) so I was happy to receive a complimentary lipstick to review so here we go.

I received the newly formulated Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in "As You Wish Victoria" in my VoxBox and, man, is it a fun color. It's bright and perfect for Winter, when you need that pop of color, and Spring, when it's all about a pretty pink lip. It is highly pigmented and I find that one coat is seriously PLENTY. No need to layer it at all. I feel like another layer would just make it messy. I do recommend a clear lip liner with this lipstick though to prevent feathering, just as I recommend for most bright lipsticks.


What I like about this lipstick is that it's not drying. I can wear it forever and not feel like my lips are going to fall off, which is wonderful. However, because it doesn't dry out your lips, I find that the lipstick itself doesn't dry. It's like wearing a lip gloss that is HIGHLY pigmented so I find myself checking my lipstick in the mirror more often. I'll call it more of a high maintenance lip stick, which is fine if you're able to check it periodically.

The biggest negative about this product is the smell. It smells like powder fresh deodorant (aka baby powder) and the scent doesn't really dissipate. I find it a little annoying because I don't like to smell like a baby's ass.

Other than the smell, it's a dream to wear and the color is amaze. (I've actually bought another Rimmel Lipstick since I received this one, but it was a Kate Moss lipstick and I'm going to review it separately.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...