Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

April 23, 2013

Dollar Store Score

I quit smoking about a week ago and on Thursday (day 3, aka the day the nicotine is entirely out of your system) I treated myself to a little makeup because quitting is really hard and I deserved it.

The makeup find was kind of a spur of the moment buy though because I stumbled upon this beautiful gem at the Dollar Tree where I had gone to pick up some tape and a pack of gum.

First of all, I always check the Dollar Tree's makeup section. Most of the time it's a bunch of cheap off-brand crap that I'm a little afraid to put near my face but sometimes... sometimes you just strike gold. This was one of those times.

Behold: Rimmel Glam Eyes 102 "Backstage"

I fell in love with this color immediately. I'm always looking for colors that have a little something special about them and I thought this brown was really unique.


I love this color. It's very metallic and has a bit of silver in it, which is just gorgeous. I described it to Pete (my boyfriend) as the color of a dull penny that's been covered in glitter. No one else probably understands that except me but I don't mind.


 Here's a swatch of the color. The left side is without primer and the right side is with Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Original (the most expensive item in my makeup kit but well worth it).

This color works really well in the crease of your eyelid and I love combining it with one of my favorite shadows ever: NYX's Pixie Dust. They both incredibly metallic and blend really well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...