Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

January 23, 2016

The Dupe Struggle

So as I mentioned in my Grunge makeup post, I use a matte medium brown all over my lid, and although I don't do full out grunge eyes every day, I do like the look the matte colors give my eyes. Tight now I am using the third shade in my Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 palette, which works great, but I am afraid of running out of that shade soon and want to get a new shadow without buying the whole new palette, because all of the other shades are still really full in that palette.

And as you can see, the Iconic 1 is the equivalent to the Naked palette from Urban Decay. SO that had me thinking that I could just buy Naked by itself because I knew it wasn't exclusive just to that palette. So I looked it up and this is what I found:

I AM NOT SPENDING 19 DOLLARS ON AN EYE SHADOW! I want this color and I want a matte brown so bad though! So thus began my ridiculous online hunt for a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked eye shadow
Now if you type in dupes for Urban Decay Naked, all you get is dupes for the palette, and that is more frustrating than anything. So first, I tried to find a Wet N Wild shadow, since that is my favorite, but nothing was striking me, so I mewed on. My mom said she had a Milani shadow that looked similar, but upon further inspection, we found out that it was a satin-matte color and that will simply not do. 
I don;t want to buy a whole new palette but all of the browns that look remotely right are all really shimmery and I can't find anything I really like. This is becoming a real struggle. And i thought I just had a few, but as I was inserting pictures into this post, I found swatches online that revealed them to be shimmery. ERRRRRR!
Someone haw any ideas?

<3 Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...