Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

June 1, 2014

Birthday Present for My Sister's Sweet 16

Ack! My baby sister is turning sweet sixteen today. She's making me so old! She also didn't tell me anything she wanted for her birthday besides a dog, a curling wand, and a set of bendy curlers (which her best friend already got for her). She said she wanted a 2" flat iron but later changed her mind and said she didn't want it anymore. Basically. I had no idea what to get the girl.

She's not nearly into makeup as much as I am so I didn't want to get her makeup. However, she's really into learning to style her hair and can spend hours on YouTube looking at tutorials and experimenting. So in the name of hair, I put together a gift full of fun hair stuff. Nothing entirely practical but who cares? It's a gift. Gifts are supposed to be fun.

I recently bought new jars with lids to hold my cotton balls and q-tips on my vanity so I retired my mason jars and decided they would be the perfect way to package up her gift. They turned out super cute! Don't you think?





However, I am not a smart girl and totally didn't even think about posting pictures of what I put into the jars so I'll just list it off.

I went to the dollar store first to pick up some basics:
  • A pack of glittery snap clips
  • A pack of colorful hair bands
  • A headband with a big gold bow on it because I just can't even help myself
  • A fold up purse brush
  • Travel size John Frieda Hair Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
  • A 4-pack of claw clips (we break these ALL the time using them to hold back sections of hair to style so they were a must have!)
Then I went to Ulta where I realized I had made a very un-budget friendly decision. I did not find any cool hair accessories there that weren't over priced. I had intended to go to Big Lots because they have interesting stuff there but passed by Five Below on my way and decided to stop there instead. Excellent decision on my part. All the things!
  • A set of bobby pins with fabric flowers on them 
  • A travel size of Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo
  • A bun maker mesh thing that she'd been eyeing 
  • A glittery wrap headband
  • A blue leopard print wrap headband
  • Pink hair mascara because WHUT
I also bought myself some things... I am powerless to a good deal and actually had to pull myself away from 2 for $5 lip crayons and textured nail polish. 

I then had to come home and figure out how to put all of this stuff into TWO mason jars. ACK! It was a challenge but I did it. Kind of. I could only fit one claw clip into the jars without breaking the plastic so I chose to sew one claw clip on top of the fabric I used to seal the jars as a stand in for a bow. How cute is that?


Anyway, I thought I'd share the sweet sixteen present I threw together. I thought it turned out pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...