Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

May 17, 2014

Dollar Tree & And That! Haul

Since I moved back to my parents' house, I am a five minute drive (or thirty minutes when it's a Saturday and there's an accident on the main road in town...) from all the stores. Seriously. ALL THE STORES. My no-buy has been broken and I am so, so sorry. 

I'm not actually sorry. 

Anyway, I popped into the Dollar Tree to pick up some storage containers for my vanity since I'd been living out of about 5,000 tiny makeup bags since I moved home and I needed a good storage system for my collection of pretties. 

Of course, being me, I had to take a peek at what was on the cosmetics aisle because occasionally I strike gold and end up with a bunch of kick ass stuff. That day was my lucky day. 

Granted, I didn't find ALL THE THINGS but I did find a Physicians Formula 100% Natural Origin Blush in Pink Organics. I happy danced my happy ass all the way out of that store. I am a weirdo. 

Anyway, I'm going to admit that I'm actually really glad I only paid a dollar for this blush though. It's hardly pigmented at all (hence no swatches... I couldn't get it to show up on my arm!) It does add a HINT of color on my cheeks that is slightly lilac but it looks a bit chalky and I feel like I had a hard time building up any color. Alas, it was only a dollar.

My other stop was And That!, which is a kind of catch all store with REALLY good prices. I went in looking for bead organizers to put my Shiro samples in (And That! does not really carry craft supplies TIL...) and walked out with 2 Essie Polishes (my firsts!) in Like Linen ($1.49) and Russian Roulette ($3.99), a Maybelline Color Whisper balm in Orange Attitude ($3.84), and a set of stainless steel measuring spoons because I needed a good set to take the UK with me... AHEM. 

The booty: 




Seriously, I cannot believe I got an Essie polish for $1.49. And it's a pretty off-white color! I bought Russian Roulette because I don't have a traditional red and... well... I needed it. 

Anyway, happy hauling to the rest of you! I'm off to rub my Color Whisper balm all over my face and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...