Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

August 13, 2013

Playing With Contouring

I'm not that experienced with makeup. No one taught me to do it. It's just been me and YouTube tutorials for a long time but as I expand my kit, I decided to start learning more, including learning to contour.

My face can look very round sometimes and I've always been jealous of people with strong cheek bones (Adele, hello?) so learning to contour has been a goal. I convinced Pete to just have a lazy Saturday around the apartment (other than doing some tidying, of course) and I got to sit down and play in my makeup box, which I think I need a bigger makeup box if I don't stop buying stuff!

Here's my before, during, and after shots of my adventures in contouring. It's definitely not perfect but I'm much for satisfied with my cheek contouring than I have been in a while. I'm going to continue practicing with the nose contouring so please feel free to leave tips or constructive criticism in the comments!


The Before picture is me with zero makeup and with freshly washed and toned skin. The During picture is with tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder. The After is with a full face.



Products Used:

Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer in Halo
NYC Loose Transluscent Powder
Yaby Concealer in Buff
Elf Eyebow Kit (for eyebrows and contouring)
NYX Nude on Nude Palette (I used the white in the palette for highlighting)
NYX Eyeshadow in Skin Tight (used as a peach blush)
Cailyn Cosmetics Gel Liner in iron (smudged in lashline)
NYX slim eye pencil in black for tight lining
Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara

The Contouring Guide I Used:

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you when it comes to makeup: totally taught by YouTube. Right now I'm focused on learning how to rock the old eyeliner, but contouring is definitely on my list. Yours looks very beautiful! Anyway, it was great meeting you at the RVAfb meetup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...