Facebook like box


Home      Makeup      Hair      Nails      Beauty Boxes      About      PR Inquiries

June 26, 2015

Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette [Swatches]

If you live in the UK and you're in the market for cheap makeup, you've probably heard of Makeup Revolution. They're a relatively new company and have definitely given the other bargain makeup brand MUA a run for their money. (Luckily, Makeup Revolution ships worldwide so don't fret if you live elsewhere!)

I was so excited to try Makeup Revolution when I moved here. I almost placed an order last summer to ship to the US but decided against it since my makeup collection was already taking up too much space in my luggage--don't even get me started!

Anyway, I grabbed the Iconic 3 palette almost as soon as I came over because I was far to excited to get my hands on this Naked 3 dupe. I went through a serious "rose gold" eye shadow phase last summer and now my eyes are pink every day since that's essentially all I own now (sigh.)

Here are some swatches of the pretties!


All swatches were taken in daylight. The flash was making my skin FAR too yellow. Alas, here's some mildly cloudy weather daylight to get you going. Welcome to the UK.


As you can see, some of the colors are very pale and hard to photograph but make great base colors or highlight (in the case of #2 even though it's a GLITTER BOMB). Side note: #2 is the only real glitter bomb in this palette. The rest of the shimmers are pretty easy to work with and don't have to much fall out.
 

I love how #2 look grey in the palette but comes off as a beautiful purple color. And #12 looks like it should be purple but is more of a charcoal grey.

All in all, I love this palette. It's a great everyday eye shadow kit and for only £4, it's a total steal.

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...